November 2, 2020
We Are Hiring Part Time Winter Maintenance
The Park Maintenance Staff will be responsible for the daily operations of the Chappelle Gardens Residents Association (CGRA) facilities, grounds, and amenities, and other areas under the umbrella of the CGRA.
The CGRA is a not-for-profit corporation whose purpose is to manage, maintain, and operate the CGRA amenities. The CGRA owns, operates, and maintains a 5-acre park that features a splash park, picnic area, pleasure skating rink, hockey rink, 6600 square foot recreational facility, and maintenance shop. This park is exclusively for the residents of the Chappelle Gardens community and is open since November 2014.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Park Maintenance Staff will be responsible for the following:
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Complete Administrative tasks as directed
- Maintaining accurate, detailed logs & Reports
- Ensuring all Workplace Health and Safety requirements are met
- Ensuring safe work conditions exist at all times
Operations and Maintenance Functions:
- Complete snow removal and sanding of icy walkways around the CGRA premises
- Pleasure skating and hockey rink ice maintenance, including the operation of a Zamboni
- Installing, operating, and maintaining amenities, including outdoor recreational ice surface
- Assisting with operations and maintenance for the amenities, equipment, and park
- Maintaining exceptional landscape maintenance
- General horticultural practices and snow removal, ensuring that all sidewalks, trails and parks including the parking lot are clear
- Enforcing rules and regulations of the park and amenities
- Providing customer driven, service oriented, clean, safe, and well maintained park
- Ensure park, play structures and all other equipment are always clean and in good repair
- Routine scheduled equipment maintenance
- Report/ repair damaged or vandalized property
- Ensure that the buildings and park are secured at closing (i.e. all doors/windows locked and security system armed)
Employees are expected to perform these duties with minimal supervision
Hours of Employment
- Hours of the CGRA are 10:00am to 9:00pm 7 days per week. This position will be for Friday, Saturday and Sunday hours.
The description does not include Special Events or any unforeseen circumstances that may require extra attention and additional hours.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Have own transportation. Clean Driving History
• Ability to build and maintain good relationships with members
• Capable of enforcing company policy and regulations
• Complete a police check
• Must be customer focused
• Previous experience will be an asset but is not necessary
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to the Parks Foreman by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your resume in person at the Social House at 1059 Chappelle Blvd SW by November 9, 2020.