Nov 26, 2020
Social House Update: Changes to Policies
With the latest announcement from the Government of Alberta, we have updated some of our policies and procedures to adhere to these requirements. The Social House remains open with additional restrictions to align with mandatory public health measures. All programming, events, and rentals have been cancelled. Outdoor amenities such as the playground and fire pits remain open. Our outdoor rinks are almost ready and announcement of opening will come early next week.
The health and safety of our residents and staff is our main priority, and we will continue to follow all guidance from Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health. We will continue to adjust these policies as new information and guidance becomes available. Remaining diligent with physical distancing requirements, staying home while ill, and practicing good hygiene is critical, along with following and respecting the regulations CGRA has put in place at this time. These regulations are included below and are posted outdoors around the Social House.
Access & Capacity
- There will be limits on entrance capacity and we will stop admitting residents when we reach this capacity. All entry will be first come-first serve. Our staff also reserve the right to stop checking people in at any time distancing restrictions start to become a challenge. To inquire about the current entry status, you can call the Social House at 780-705-1815.
- Members will be permitted to bring 2 guests per household, only while using outdoor amenities.
- The age of entry without supervision will continue to be 16 years old.
- Everyone entering the park will be asked a series of screening questions before entrance is permitted.
Rentals & Programming
- Rentals and programming have been cancelled, and registrants will be contacted regarding refunds.
- We will continue to offer online clubs and meet ups, Santa Letters, and other outdoor activities to help keep our community connected.
Skating Rinks (When they open) and Outdoor Amenities
- When rinks open they will be available for casual use, for example, practicing skills on the hockey rink or skating on the pleasure rink, only between members of the same household. Users are required to maintain 2m of physical distance from those who are not part of their household.
- The skate change room is operating at 25% capacity, with an occupancy limit of 10 people. The skate change room is only permitted for use while changing into and out of skating equipment, and cannot be used for gathering. Additional outdoor seating has been made available for changing into skates.
- The playground remains open, with users required to maintain 2 meters of physical distancing.
- Washrooms remain open in the skate change room with limited capacity.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and support during this time. Let us all continue to work together to keep the residents of Chappelle Gardens safe! If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-705-1815.